Friday, December 2, 2011

Valentines Day Wedding

A few months ago a gorgeous girl by the name Annette Twemlow invited some of her closest family and friends for an intimate  early morning wedding in the Botanical Gardens on Valentines Day. The reason for the early time slot was to accommodate the Channel Ten filming crew so that they may use the footage on that evenings news. In addition to this, Annette had also won a trip to Las Vegas for her honeymoon, which meant that the Las Vegas Tourism crew were also on the scene to film and photograph the occasion. Did I mention they had two Las Vegas Showgirls in FULL showgirl garb to add to the ambience, as well as a huge hot pink wedding cake? Well, they did! So whilst Annette and her hubby-to-be exchanged vows, they were circled constantly by a swarm of cameramen and photographers. Once they said "I Do" the crew dispersed and I was able to shoot what I could, later photoshopping the image to produce a moment that technically never happened that way. I would never normally fiddle with a wedding photograph so much, but given the circumstances, it was a great little challenge for me also! The end result is quite a "Hyper Real" image, quirky and fun. The happy couple said it was the coolest wedding photo they'd ever seen, and thats good enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment